Saturday, March 05, 2005

The triumph of the trivial

Today, I shall be adding my voice of complaint to the 9 - yes 9, out of a population of around 60million - objectors to the marriage of Mr Charles Saxe-Coburg-Windsor to Ms Camilla Parker-Bowles. Having a divorcee on the throne, and married to the head of the Church of England, is utterly reprehensible. After all, it's not as if one of the reasons for the schism of the Church of England from the Roman Catholic church was the desire of a king to get a divorce and remarry, was it? So yes, I feel it important to make myself heard. And be yet another nutter to whom reams of press space is given, when clearly nobody is interested.
I feel it in all your best interests that I speak out in favour of family values and morality, before heading off to a brothel, and then popping to the chateau in the south of France where I keep my mistress.
Question: Which is worse here - the banality, or the hypocrisy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home