Friday, October 14, 2005

Railtrack

And I have to say this. I've just heard another story that various shareholders are taking the government to court over Railtrack going into administration. Whilst I am no lover of the current government, these people need to understand what they were doing - buying into stolen property. If I buy a video on the cheap from some bloke in the pub, and then the police come around and tell me it was stolen from a house down the road, I don't really have a leg to stand on when it's taken back. Similarly, if I buy shares in a company that was previously nationalised, and thus owned by everyone, and then it gets taken back into public ownership, I have no right to complain that my selfish attempting at profiteering was beaten off in the face of the "public good".
We need more, and indeed, genuine, renationalisation. And sod the greedy, money-grabbing bastards who bought the shares in the first place. As the warning says "share prices can go down as well as up"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home