Monday, June 13, 2005

By popular demand....

Well, one person. I have a friend (no, really, I do...) who liked this short story I wrote. I entered it in a competition (100 words on the theme of time) - needless to say, it didn't win, but I was asked to put it up here. So here it is...

Time

Physicists will say that time is a vector, its direction indicated by increasing entropy, a growth of universal disorder. On a smaller scale, the man sits at his desk. He knows the deadline is only a day away, he has much to do. Yet he is bored. He prevaricates: reads email, does crosswords – anything to avoid the necessary task. He dreams of his holidays – only two weeks away. He wishes the time would pass more quickly. He dreads the approach of his birthday in a month, another year older. Another year of life gone. He has so much to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home