Friday, April 23, 2004

On the cliffs of your wildcat charms I'm ridin'

Hungover, again. As usual. But Rivaldo looks set to sign for Wanderers - how good is that? Rivaldo, playing in the same midfield as Jay Jay Okocha, for Bolton.
Anyway, I digress. From whatever my original point was. I feel I should rant about something. I'm in that sort of mood. And not just why I can't get the damn comment feature to work.
I read the Guardian. A passable newspaper, with a few good bits, even if it does sometimes adopt that wishy-washy liberal anti-rationalism. But why the fuck do they employ Anne Widecombe to write a problems page? Presumably someone thought it was funny - "Oh, ha, ha, Anne Widecombe helping people - very post-modern, Tarquin, now let's go and eat some rocket drizzled with balsamic". It's grim up north london, you Islington wankers. Anne Widecombe not merely can't write, she is deeply stupid and has nothing at all to say of any interest to anyone. Less even than me. Writing this shite. But she gets paid for it (whilst I still haven't had my six-figure book deal - what's taking so long?) Pah.
And I'll come on to Richard Littlejohn soon. An unfortunate turn of phrase perhaps. Is he really gay? Or just curious. In a way, I hope he's gay, since it shatters the stereotype of all gay blokes being athletic and good-looking. But the thought of him squealing like a pig whilst Gary Bushell.... no, it just doesn't bear thinking about. Euuurghhhhh....
Current music: Cat Power, "You are free". And she is a singer, not a political movement. Unfortunately...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home